Vote YES on Measure O to provide locally-controlled funding so Riverside students are better prepared for college and good paying jobs in fields like health sciences, engineering, technology, robotics, and skilled trades.
All funds from Measure O will be dedicated to improving Riverside schools – not a single penny can be taken away by the State.
Measure O will:
- Improve student safety and campus security systems
- Repair or replace aging, outdated classrooms and school buildings
- Provide classrooms and labs for career and technology education (CTE) classes, including health sciences, engineering, technology, robotics and skilled trades
- Improve access for students with disabilities
- Retrofit older schools to enhance earthquake safety
- Update instructional technology for modern teaching standards in core subjects like reading, science, technology, engineering and math (STEM)
"Without a sense of caring, there can be no sense of community."
Anthony J. D'Angelo
Election Day is November 8 and we need your YES vote. Citizens for Quality Riverside Schools is a grassroots campaign of community volunteers coming together to pass Measure O. Your help is essential in guaranteeing Riverside schools continue to provide an excellent education for our students. Get involved by signing up to spread the word about Measure O, or donate to support our grassroots, volunteer-led campaign.
Local Funding for Local Schools
In order to maintain high-quality education in every one of our local schools, the RUSD Board of Education voted unanimously to place Measure O, a $392 million bond measure, on the November 8, 2016 ballot. If approved by 55% of Riverside voters, Measure O funding would help repair and improve RUSD schools.
Schools built more than 40 years ago.
Schools built more than 100 years ago.
Portables currently in use in RUSD schools (our students in portables could fill 5 high schools).
How will the funds be spent?
- No funds for administrators’ and teachers’ salaries or benefits
- Citizens’ Oversight and annual, independent audits
- All money will stay in Riverside to support local students
- No money could be taken by the State
- Would cost property owners $59 per $100,000 of assessed (not market) value annually
- Every school would benefit from bond funds
How Can You Get Involved?
The campaign to pass Measure O is a community-based volunteer effort. The measure needs 55% support from voters in order to win. This is why we count on people like to you to volunteer and give a few hours of your time to this important campaign. Click here for more!